Our Statement of Principles
We believe that all Citizens are entitled to equal rights and equal treatment under the law, and that no one shall be denied these rights because of gender, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion.
We believe in the separation of Church and State, and we believe that use of Executive powers in recent years to promote a fundamentalist Christian agenda is wrong and a violation of the Constitution.
We believe in the People’s right to privacy, and that the Patriot Act is a threat to that right and a violation of the Constitution.
We believe in economic fairness and the right of every American to a job that pays a living wage.
We believe that pre-emptive war is wrong and that this country should seek solutions to international threats through diplomatic channels and the United Nations.
We believe that every Citizen is entitled to quality health care and that expansion of affordable universal health insurance should continue to be a priority for our nation.
We believe that unchecked corporatism is a threat to democratic institutions and fundamental principles of economic fairness.
We believe that the environment is a trust and that we are responsible for preserving it for future generations.
We believe in the public school system and that every child should have an opportunity for free, quality education in a safe environment.
We believe that Congressional, Executive and Judicial powers should be separate, and the erosion of these separations of power is a threat to our Constitution and the Peoples’ liberty.
We believe that the grassroots can make a difference in our government and that it is every Citizen’s obligation to participate in the governing process. We believe that special interests should not control our nation’s policies or resources.
We believe, above all, in the Constitution of the United States of America and in the right of the People to liberty, security, and opportunity.
- Education and Charter School Reform will be the topics of our next monthly meeting, Wednesday, May 1
- Track our Legislative Priorities through the General Assembly at our next Progressive Democrats Meeting this Wednesday!
- Email the House Judiciary Committee Members Today on the Background Check Bill
- MARCH MONTHLY MEETING IS CANCELLED
- Gun Control will be the topic of the next PDD monthly meeting.
- PDD-DL Vote Tracker for February 6, 2013
- Elect your PDD Officers and learn about Redistricting, Lobbying and Campaign Finance Reform at our February Meeting!
- The New PDD-DL Vote Tracker for January 23, 2013
- Reminder: Our Monthly Meeting is on Wednesday, January 2.
- Fiscal Cliff Forum This Saturday!