Crunch Time is Here: Please Join us for our Monthly Meeting on Wednesday, August 1 at 7 pm
The Progressive Democrats for Delaware will have it’s monthly meeting next Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 7 pm at the Delaware Democratic Party HQ’s, 19 E. Commons Blvd, in New Castle. This month, we have invited Kathleen MacRae, the Executive Director of the ACLU of Delaware, to speak to us on efforts to repeal the death penalty in Delaware.
We will also hear from Erik Schramm, the director of the 2012 Coordinated Campaign, on their efforts in the upcoming election. Finally, we will hear from our Endorsement Committee on the status of the 2012 Endorsement process.
As we enter August, the crunch time for several primary races is here. Indeed, we have open primaries in the 19th and the 23rd Residential Districts, as well as a very interesting primary in the 11th Senatorial District between Bryan Townsend and Senate Pro Tem Anthony De Luca. The primary election is on September 11, and the time is now if you want to get involved in some of these races. Please come to the meeting to get information as to how to get involved.
Also, on a related note, our very own Paul Baumbach will be hosting a fundraiser at Timothy’s in Newark on Thursday, August 2, from 7 pm to 10 pm. As you may know, Paul is running in the aforementioned 23rd RD to replace retiring Representative Terry Schooley.
Progressive Democrats for Delaware(PDD) is a grassroots Liberal action group pledged to support a wide range of progressive legislation and candidates at the local, state and federal levels. PDD meetings are open to all like-minded voters.
Contact: Jason Melrath 302-494-6699
PDD Website: www.progressivedemsdelaware.com
- Education and Charter School Reform will be the topics of our next monthly meeting, Wednesday, May 1
- Track our Legislative Priorities through the General Assembly at our next Progressive Democrats Meeting this Wednesday!
- Email the House Judiciary Committee Members Today on the Background Check Bill
- MARCH MONTHLY MEETING IS CANCELLED
- Gun Control will be the topic of the next PDD monthly meeting.
- PDD-DL Vote Tracker for February 6, 2013
- Elect your PDD Officers and learn about Redistricting, Lobbying and Campaign Finance Reform at our February Meeting!
- The New PDD-DL Vote Tracker for January 23, 2013
- Reminder: Our Monthly Meeting is on Wednesday, January 2.
- Fiscal Cliff Forum This Saturday!